What is TERRACOTTA JEWELRY
Terracotta literally means ‘baked earth’ and is made from natural clay, giving it a reddish-brown color. It may be glazed for durability or to add color. … It was used traditionally to create figures of deities on festive occasions and ceremonies besides its use in jewelry and handicrafts.
Why terracotta jewelry is the best:
Here are some factors that make terracotta jewelry unique:
- There is nothing that defines “ethnic” as terracotta jewelry
- No other jewelry possess the minimalistic appeal of terracotta
- For a perfect blend of vintage and trendy, terracotta jewelry is the best bet
- You can have one to match every outfit as they come in a variety of brilliant colors
- Each piece of terracotta jewelry is handcrafted
- Terracotta jewelry is eco-friendly
- The best part is that terracotta jewelry is the one jewelry that is safe even on the most sensitive skin.
- Terracotta jewelry is lightweight
- As it is lightweight and safe on skin, it is one of the safest choices of jewelry even for the kids.
Tips to make a style statement with terracotta jewelry:
Jewelry, in the past, was predominantly about lustrous metals and gemstones. This was also when jewelry was just a status symbol. But fashion has changed the way we perceive jewelry. The present generations prefer minimalistic fashion. terracotta jewelry is one of the most popular trends this year especially when it comes to styling your ethnic outfits. Here are few ways to redefine your style with terracotta jewelry:
- With a classic cotton saree like a sambalpuri saree, wear a terracotta set with simpler thread-chained necklaces and jhumkas in colors to match your saree for a more elegant look for a casual occasion.
- Wear gold tones and grandly embellished terracotta sets with your saree or anarkali suit to add a touch of sophistication for any special occasion.
- Smaller terracotta jhumkas and terracotta pendant necklaces are great with kurtas and kurtis for a more casual everyday look.
Rust colored, and more earthy tones, as well as contemporary styled earrings in funky shapes, could be worn even with a western outfit for a bolder look.
The versatility of terracotta jewelry makes it great to be worn with any outfit and for any occasion.
Caring for your terracotta jewelry:
With a minimum amount of care, your terracotta jewelry and continue looking as good as new for a long time.
- Every time you wear your terracotta jewelry, clean it with a soft cloth while you put it back
- Avoid wearing it in the shower or while you swim
- Keep terracotta jewelry away from other metal jewelry to avoid scratches
- Do not let your jewelry come in contact with any harsh chemicals or alcohol. This is mainly to retain the external finish of the jewelry.
- Terracotta is ultimately clay, so it tends to break under pressure. It is hardened clay and so it is not too brittle but under too much stress it tends to develop cracks. So handle your terracotta jewelry gently.
You can see that it needs just a minimum amount of care. These earthy beauties are current trends. So how many do you have in your wardrobe?
Check our large collection of traditional terracotta jewelry in contemporary and tribal designs which make perfect gifts for any occasion- for your loved ones or even for yourself. We bring them to you straight from the artisans, handcrafted specially with pleasant organic colors that are completely safe on the skin.